Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Porter Saves the Day!

 


Saving the day actually has nothing to do with this picture, I just wanted to do two blogs at once. This is the first bunch of bananas we cut down from our tree! They took weeks to ripen, but now we know to wait longer! They were good though, and it is so great to have food that is free! Bananas for every meal! Back to saving the day, I just wanted to say a little something about Porter because he has been so helpful to me, and he really saved the day when I hosted a book club at my house last week. Marik kept getting out of his crib (all the while crying over I don't know what), and I couldn't get my house cleaned and food ready, so I gave Marik to Porter. He read him a story, and Marik fell asleep on his bed. Then, he came and helped me in the kitchen peeling a taro root, doing some cleaning, taking out the garbage and recycling,etc. It was such a big help to me when I thought I wasn't going to have everything ready on time! It is really nice to have such a responsible and helpful young man around!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Holy smokes. Porter is definitely your clone. What a good boy too! It must be nice to have an older child that can help.
P.S. I'm jealous of the fee bananas. That's way cool.

Holly said...

Darn, I wanted the story to be about how Porter climbed the banana tree and saved the bananas in the nick of time before some monkey came and snatched them from your family.

Allens, Inc. said...

What would we do without our little men? I feel the same way about Jacob. He just saves the day sometimes, and I feel so grateful to and for him. Kind of weird to have your kids genuinely HELPING with something, don't you think? Kind of nice too.

P. s. What's with harvesting bananas out of your yard, and peeling taro roots for book club dessert and all that? Do you think you live in the tropics or somethin'?