Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Downtown Disney

 

 

 

 


I had to go to Orlando to pick something up, so I went one day when the kids had no school. Just so that it wouldn't be a boring trip for them, we did the free part of DisneyWorld, which isn't great, but these are some highlights. The Lego store, the carousel, and the most exciting, the splash area. Marik started out fully clothed, but when he saw someone without their shirt on, he had a great idea. Oh, and I had to put the pictures at the Mr. Potato Head store, because Marik finds the Darth Vader version very intriguing.

Another highlight for some was going to the biggest McDonalds in the world. It is pretty cool, and includes a whole floor with games just like at Chuck E. Cheese. A must see for visitors to Florida!

Oh, and I need to mention a funny story...Autumn reminded me just now when she said "that says Lando". (What she always says when referring to Orlando) In our Primary Program this year, the kids sang "Called to Serve". Autumn has been singing it to herself a lot, and I caught her one day and had to laugh at her lyrics: "Awkward, ever onward, (yeah, she got the second one right) as we glory in His Name...." I corrected her, and she asked what awkward meant, and Porter said "This is awkward."
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Camilla said...

oh my!! I can't believe how old Porter is getting! How fun to take a day trip like that! I quite enjoyed the Downtown Disney in Cali... wow, was it 5 years ago? Good times.

Ashley said...

That's way funny!
There's a free part to Disneyworld? Who knew. I'm glad you got to enjoy it. See you in a month.

Unknown said...

amber..great to see the pictures of the kids. They are wonderful kids. dorothy

Anonymous said...

Heh heh. Porter's funny. You know what's really awkward? Me still not calling you since I last emailed you and told you was going to. Marik makes me laugh everytime I see a picture. He always has this silly mischievious grin on his face. I love it.

(Japes) said...

Holy smackerel, Dex: slow down. Give a guy a chance to breathe. You're like a blogster--a blog monster, a blog people, a giant, green blog running our of control and taking over the blogosphere. Sheesh! I'm hafta get all Nipponese on ya 'less you dial it down, yo!

Alison said...

how far are you from Orlando?! We went there on the 21st!